COVID-conscious travel – Enjoy peace of mind at Abelana Game Reserve
At Abelana Game Reserve, we’re determined to ensure that our flagship lodge, Abelana River Lodge, offers a COVID-conscious destination that inspires trust and peace of mind to discerning travellers in search of luxury and an immersive African experience.
In line with the strict regulations required by the authorities, we’ve implemented rigid COVID-19 protocols to keep our guests and staff safe:
- Guest temperatures are scanned on arrival at the reserve gate, and each guest completes a contact-tracing and general wellness form.
- Staff temperatures and wellness are assessed and recorded on a daily basis.
- All staff are required to wear a mask at all times, and to sanitize their hands frequently.
- Housekeeping staff are required to wear a mask and sanitize thoroughly when refreshing and cleaning suites.
- Guests are required to wear their masks in the lodge’s indoor public areas.
- We encourage outdoor dining as much as possible.
- All suites are rested between guest stays.
- Hand sanitizing stations are positioned at all entrances to the lodge and hand sanitizer supply is available on each game viewing vehicle.
- We wipe down all surfaces with sanitizer on a regular basis, and game viewing vehicles are wiped down between each game drive.
- We’ve removed all books and magazines from the suites and public lodge areas to minimise touch-contact.
- All unnecessary pillows and throws have been removed from suites and public lodge areas.
Your safety during travel is our priority. If you’d like to chat about our protocols, available travel arrangements or seasonal promotions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at 061 952 4302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.